The INMO, as the largest professional union for nurses and midwives, represents circa 40,000 members in all disciplines and areas of the Irish health service.
The Organisation provides a full range of services including industrial relations, professional advocacy, professional policy, regulatory support, and continuing education.
The Professional and Regulatory Officer is a new post within the Professional Department of the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation. This offers an opportunity to work with a team in developing and delivering services to members.
General information about this role
Within the INMO’s professional staff structure the position of Professional and Regulatory Officer will report to the Director of Professional and Regulatory Services. This new post offers an exciting opportunity to;
• Assist in representing members at the preliminary stages of the fitness to practice processes of the NMBI.
• Develop and provide services to Directors and Assistant Directors of Nursing/Midwifery;
• Contribute to the growing professional and social policy work programmes of the Organisation.
Essential Requirements for this role
• A relevant third level Qualification;
• A demonstrable commitment to trade unionism and social justice;
• A working knowledge of the Fitness to Practise processes of the NMBI;
• Experience of negotiations and representing groups and individuals including where collective and individual rights have potential conflicts;
• Excellent organisational, communication and teamworking skills;
• A valid full driving licence.
• A relevant legal qualification.
• Nursing/Midwifery Qualification.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Please submit your letter of application and a detailed Curriculum Vitae no later than 5.00 p.m. Tuesday, 30th November 2021.
The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.