Workway was an IBEC/ICTU partnership initiative designed to tackle higher levels of unemployment among people with disability by raising awareness and addressing barriers to increase the employment opportunities.
The 7 Objectives of Workway
- Raise awareness
- Explore skill availability and labour shortages
- Identify barriers to employment from the perspectives of employers and people with disabilities
- Involvement of all parties in finding practical solutions
- Impart information to assist with the integration of people with disabilities
- Link in with existing networks
- Inform public policy makers and service providers of the implications for developing employment and training services
Resources from the Workway Project are available here.